Souls Sold

Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 17th

Hello world,

I took a little over a week off from writing because my BFF was down here for his yearly visit. Now that he's gone (*sniff* *sniff*) I'll get back on track ... once the house is clean. We partied hard while he was here ... well, as hard as you can party with a 3 year old. To him, it was nothing. To me, I'm thinking I probably won't be drinking or having any movie fests until 2am for a while. Ha!

It was so much fun. We went to the lake with the kiddos, he and I took my daughter to the zoo, and we went on many Pokemon hunts. I was never on the Pokemon scene, but he and my two sisters (twins--fraternal) have been into it since they were all little kids back in the late 90s. They convinced me to download the Pokemon Go app and we have been "going" all over the place. Friday night, my husband, my BFF, and I even did some bar hopping while Poke-hunting.

Last weekend (a little over a week ago), I got super drunk for the first time since having my daughter (don't worry, she was safe), played some board games with my BFF, husband, and other 2 good friends. At 2am, we searched the neighborhood for Pokemon and I had my first hangover in about four years the next morning. Last night, we did some more drinking with said friends (and one twin sister this time) and played more games. Didn't get near drunk, but had a nice buzz going most of the night.

And today, we said goodbye. It's always a sad time for me because I know I probably won't see him for a year again (although there are some other plans to hopefully have a few more random visits; I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they pan out), and this kid (kid ... he's a grown and successful man now) has been one of my closest friends for 12 years. He's helped me with so much and been there for me countless times. In short, he's an amazing person and I'm so glad he's still in my life after all these years.

Though I'm sad he went home today, it is nice to get back to our routine. I'm looking forward to having a clean house again, and FINALLY finishing "Dancing with Dragonflies." I will be taking another short break in two weeks because I'm going to visit my favorite cousin for a few days. Once I'm back, I won't have anything until a family reunion in October.

I'm hoping DwD will be finished before that reunion. Fingers crossed.

Well, time to clean up after the week and a half long party :-).

Take care, friends,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment