Souls Sold

Saturday, July 2, 2016

It's Happening

I've been writing a little (almost) every day, consistently, for about two weeks now. The book I've been working on for the last eight years is finally nearing its first draft completion. My daughter--for the most part--allows me to write without being bothered for at least an hour most days.

Admittedly, that's not a lot; but it's a lot more than I was doing (spending MAYBE two hours one random weekend here and there).

I see it lasting ... because we also found out a few weeks ago that having a second child is "highly unlikely" due to male factor infertility. I'm coming to terms with it, trying to accept that we'll be a one child household (at least until we have the money to adopt ... years in the future). The only "bright side" I've found is that this means I won't be starting over with a newborn and losing time to write. Next year my daughter starts school so that means even more time to myself.

I have several projects in mind--after I'm finished with the current book of course (it has waited long enough). Those projects include the following genres:

--Drama/erotica
--Comedy/horror
--Fantasy

I think the drama/erotica one will be next in line as it will be the easiest to write.

I'll be updating soon. Hopefully with some sample chapters of new work.


Take care,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment